Sunday, February 8, 2009

Jesus was the Matt Damon of his time?






I had the middle school kids I work with fill out a short survey for me at our last youth group to find out what they know about the bible, Jesus, faith, etc and why they go to church or don't go to church.  One of my favorite answers to my question, "Who is Jesus?" was, "He was the Matt Damon of his time."  Was the kid mocking my question?  Probably, but who cares.  I'm lucky I got the group to fill out the questionaires to begin with.  I don't know that I have ever experienced such a rowdy crowd.  I have worked with some really 'urban' kids but these rurban (my new word for a place that is both urban and rural, a word fusion you could say) kids are something else.  I had the kids introduce themselves to me again and tell me one important thing for me to know about them.  One tiny girl (6th grade) replied, "Lady, I got a short fuse.  You mess with this, you'll get an explosion you won't want to reckon with."  

So, there you go.  I feel like this is the christian version of "Adventures in Baby-sitting."  So, we'll see how it goes.

My dad and I went ATV/4-wheeling on Friday to a place called Oil-Well Flats.  It's right across the street from another area called Dinosaur Flats.  One place apparently produced oil and the other, dinosaur bones.  Oooo, yay!  I have included pictures of that affair.  My parents purchased a 2 person ATV and helmets with skulls and flames to boot.  It's pretty fun and I have to laugh.  I feel like I'm living a strange existence these days.  

No comments:

Post a Comment